
The magazine that I decided to use was a 2017 InStyle Magazine. The genre of the magazine is predominantly fashion and style. The colors featured on the magazine is the background color of light brown. I believe they used this color to match the theme of the featured celebrity on the cover. The kinds of articles included in the magazine are various types of clothing, accessories and articles that feature celebrities wearing couture clothing. In the advertisements, I found that they commonly use models. This is something new that I have seen, because usually in magazines, it's either celebrities or amateur models. But this magazine has it to where it is professionally organized and structured in a way that the important articles are celebrity based and then the advertisements are strictly model based. This would be a characteristic that I would use in my magazine. I believe that structure and organization is very important. Like for example, on page 126 of the magazine, they have featured actress, Gabrielle Union, where she tells the readers how she is expected to look "picture-perfect" on a regular basis. But on the next page, there is a picture of a model, who is advertising Versace perfume. The ads seem to be very structured, as they appear in and out of the featured articles. The cover photo is a picture of actress, Julia Roberts. Inside, she will be sharing her life in the "A-List". The table of contents seem to be very bare and direct, that gives a more professional look. That's not something that I would actually like to do. I would prefer to include pictures. The magazine reported that the U.S. paid circulation of InStyle magazine is 1,810,539 issues per month. InStyle has won 2 MIN: Best of the Web awards in 2016.
No comments:
Post a Comment