Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Use of Conventions
In my previous post, I submitted my mid-term draft of my "Onyxx" magazine, embedding a nostalgic type of period, resulting in my feature being hip-hop artist, Missy Elliot. Since I wasn't able to use online pictures of the artist, I had a model pose as her in this magazine. I feel that my product challenges the conventions of my genre, because from the beginning, I wanted to create a magazine that was based on music and fashion. In this particular article, I was able to include both. First about the musical artist and then I highlighted her style. From there, I would shed a light on how her clothing style influences teenagers. I definitely think that this element represents social groups, simply because of teens and the domino effects that take place. One person wears a specific outfit that was influenced by a certain celebrity and then somebody else sees it and does the same and the cycle continues. I also think that by the model being an actual teen adds a paralleling element to the context of the theme of social groups in itself. Now, different groups get a chance to establish the same style. Issues that can be brought from this is culture appropriation. A lot of times, people from different cultures like African-Americans and Latin-Americans, feel as though their signature style is being utilized from other races and they don't appreciate it. When thinking of style, this issue comes to mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I have made alterations since the last time it was uploaded in its entirety. To better improve my submission, I removed the picture ...
-
CCR Prezi
No comments:
Post a Comment