Integration of Technology
When I was getting ready to get into the the production stages, I was a little intimidated, because it was all new for me. I had never had to produce something like this, in this multitude. We had two choices: Adobe In-Design and Microsoft Publisher. When exploring In-Design, I was overwhelmed with the amount of options the application offered. I knew that it would take a while to learn all the different type of functions, so instead I explored Microsoft Publisher, that fairly simple, yet abundant. It took almost no time to learn and become adapt, so it was very smooth and the process went well overall. Since I am familiar with Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, One Note), I was very comfortable with the workings of the Publisher. In the Insert tab is where I developed my pages. In the Design tab where I found the different colors and patterns I could use in the product. I had an idea that I wanted my magazine to be colorful and nostalgic, but economically speaking, I found that it is quite expensive to publish a real magazine with extra coloring, so I tried to stay away from the colors. At first, I had a little trouble trying to find how to fill my selected photograph as the full background. I eventually found it by simply right-clicking the mouse bar. The photograph I used for the cover already came with color in the background, so hypothetically, I don't have to worry about cost. Another problem that I ran into was the text. By using a photo that had outside element factors, such as grass, kind of made it difficult to incorporate text that the audience could see. So to adjust, I had bold the text and use different colors in various tabs. As for the table of contents, I recently just changed the background into a lighter color, so it was very straight-forward. The article probably served as the hardest part, software wise. It had some glitches with adjusting of the ruler, the columning, and the designs (more specifically the border frame). It took a while, but it ended up working out and will be presented in the next blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment