Monday, March 5, 2018

SEVENTEEN- Magazine Digital Distribution Research

Related image

     Seventeen magazine is an American teen magazine, that ranges from 13-to-19-year-old female readers. It began as a publication geared toward inspiring teen girls to love fashion, become model workers and citizens. The magazine as whole is for the most part the same as the online version. Some things that I noticed that is different is that they offer more engaging tabs than the print copy. What got me to see this is the teenage quizzes. I had never seen this in the print copy and then I noticed the other tabs, that essentially offered more articles based on this topic, like love articles and prom. This is a tactic I would use, because rather than pay an additional cost to print the extra tabs of pages, they occupy it on the digital issue. I think this idea is very smart and it adds differentiation to the product. They had 78 million readers and as of 2017, they have about 2 million subscribers. They cut down their distribution some, to cut cost, but I think the differences described is really effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission